Bronx doctors compete against each other in Sim WarsPosted: Updated:
An event that pits doctors against doctors took place at St. Barnabas Hospital Wednesday.
Sim Wars is a medical competition where local doctors are tested on a number of different scenarios that involve crisis care and treatment.
It was the first of its kind in the Bronx, involving all three Bronx hospitals. Medical teams from St. Barnabas, Lincoln Hospital and Jacobi Medical Center were given simulated emergencies to tackle, like strokes, heart attacks and drug overdoses.
The medical teams got a chance to test their skills and knowledge on high-tech mannequins. The mannequins function like a real person: they blink, cry and even bleed.
This year’s winner was St. Barnabas Hospital.
The hospitals are hoping to make Sim Wars an annual competition for their residents and doctors.
News 12 has recently updated to a brand new version of our iOS and Android apps. If you don't have auto updates enabled on your devices, head to the App Store or Google Play Store to update to the latest version. This will ensure you keep getting up-to-date local news, traffic and weather information.
- The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.