Troubled Bronx building sold to new owner

Posted: Updated:
THE BRONX -

A landmark building with a troubled past of rent strikes and court hearings has a new owner.

The building, located at 888 Grand Concourse, was owned by Jonathan Bombart, with whom tenants battled for years over repairs and maintenance. Tenants say they learned the building was sold just recently.

"We don't know what's going on, we don't know how the buyout happened," says one tenant.

According to the city's Department of Finance, the building was transferred from Concourse Realty Associates LLC, of the Bronx, to the Grand Concourse 8 Associates, of Brooklyn, for $28 million last week.

Tenants say they are already seeing crews making small changes in their building that was once on the city's worst landlord list.

Langhorn, the building's management company, showed News 12 the work being done in the laundry room. An employee says they are working fast, but that they will need the full cooperation of tenants.

Tenants say the association is scheduled to meet with the new owner this Thursday to discuss the building's future.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."