3 injured after fire destroys 3-story home

Posted: Updated:
THE BRONX -

A fast-moving fire gutted a three-story home early Sunday morning, sending three people to the hospital, including a firefighter.

Fire officials say it started around 2:30 a.m. in the basement of a multifamily house on Home Street and took about an hour and a half to get under control.

News 12 is told everyone inside was seen sprinting out of their house while the fire completely gutted the home.

According to reports, firefighters rescued an elderly woman and a teen girl from the flames.

Officials say they were rushed to Jacobi Medical Center and Lincoln Hospital where they are both in critical condition.

A firefighter is also being treated for serious injuries, but is expected to be OK.

Fire marshals are still looking into the exact cause, but it is believed it could have started from lit candles in the basement .

  • SlideshowsMore>>

  • Musical acts coming this summer to the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City

    Musical acts coming this summer to the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City

    Florida Georgia Line is set to rock Atlantic City on July 13.Florida Georgia Line is set to rock Atlantic City on July 13.

    The Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City has announced that it will be opening its doors to the public on June 28 at the site of the old Trump Taj Mahal.  Throughout the summer and early fall, the Hard Rock will live up to its name with a lineup of some of music's biggest stars.   

    The Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City has announced that it will be opening its doors to the public on June 28 at the site of the old Trump Taj Mahal.  Throughout the summer and early fall, the Hard Rock will live up to its name with a lineup of some of music's biggest stars.   

  • Former first lady Barbara Bush through the years

    Former first lady Barbara Bush through the years

    Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.
    Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.

    Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.

    Barbara Bush, the snowy-haired first lady and mother of a president whose plainspoken manner and utter lack of pretense made her more popular at times than her husband, President George H.W. Bush, died Tuesday, a family spokesman said. She was 92.

  • Guide: National park sites in the tristate area

    Guide: National park sites in the tristate area

    A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.

    A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."