Bronx museum hosts artisan marketPosted: Updated:
The Bronx Museum of the Arts hosted an artisan market Saturday, supporting local artists and featuring handmade goods, demonstrations and performances.
"They get to engage with the community,” responded Ayesha Akhtar, a community engagement and marketing associate for the museum, when asked why community events are important for local artists. “There aren’t that many opportunities for artists who are from the Bronx to sell [their art.]"
News 12 The Bronx is told 10 local artists were part of the event.
The market took place from the early afternoon into the evening.
- The driver accused of hitting and killing a Bronx toddler is out of jail Thursday morning after appearing before a judge Wednesday night.
- This past Saturday, Billy Joel became the first inductee of Fenway Park's new Music Hall of Fame.This past Saturday, Billy Joel became the first inductee of Fenway Park's new Music Hall of Fame.
- Madre cuenta como fue que ella y su hijo fueron atacados a machetazos.Madre cuenta como fue que ella y su hijo fueron atacados a machetazos.
- City officials are putting pressure on the MTA, demanding the agency use money from its capital plan to build an elevator at the Parkchester train station.
- CBS, Viacom, and CNN parent company Warner Media both said they would stop airing e-cigarette advertising across their networks.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.