Man jumps from second-floor window to escape Smithtown firePosted: Updated:
A fire that engulfed a home in Smithtown Tuesday night forced a man to jump from a second-story window.
The incident occurred on Brooksite Drive around 10:30 p.m., where fire consumed the home and turned it into a pile of debris.
The man who jumped and a woman inside were both transported to the hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Fire officials are searching for what may have sparked the blaze. They say a boiler was recently worked on in the home. It was in the basement, where the fire broke out.