Arctic air settles in after major snowstorm hits the BronxPosted: Updated:
Arctic air chill isn't making commuting any easier a day after a major snowstorm hit the Bronx.
Commuters and children returning to work and school can expect to face very cold wind chills that could range from 15 to 20 below zero at times.
A wind chill advisory remains in effect until 10 a.m. Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.
Sidewalks are still littered with piles of snow and mass transit may experience some delays.
The NWS is warning of the potential for frostbite and says symptoms may develop within 30-minutes of cold weather exposure.
- Police are searching for a man who they say stole a bag full of cash from a car in Hunts Point.Police are searching for a man who they say stole a bag full of cash from a car in Hunts Point.
- House Democrats prosecuting President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are preparing for a second day of arguments.
- A video that went viral across Westchester County and the country caught the attention of a famous rapper.
- Jim Lehrer, co-host and later host of the nightly PBS “NewsHour” that for decades offered a thoughtful take on current events, has died, PBS said Thursday.
- Chinese authorities moved to lock down three cities with a combined population of more than 18 million in an unprecedented effort to contain the deadly new virus that has sickened hundreds of people and spread to other parts of the world.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.