FDNY: Fordham apartment fire deemed accidental

Posted: Updated:
FORDHAM -

A four-alarm fire inside a Fordham apartment building that injured three people was accidental, according to fire officials.

The FDNY says the fire was started from a malfunctioning electrical wire inside of 240 E.194th St. around 11 p.m. Tuesday

Some residents were displaced as a result of the fire. 

Two firefighters and a resident of the building were injured, but are expected to be OK.

Fire officials say the blaze began on the top floor and spread to the roof of the building.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."