NYPD commissioner attends 45h Precinct community meetingPosted: Updated:
NYPD Commissioner James O'Neill attended the monthly community council meeting in the 45th Precinct this week and announced that the area would be transitioning to neighborhood policing by July.
The change will mean community members could see more officers.
The 45 is the borough's largest precinct, covering Throgs Neck, City Island and Co-op City. Although crime there is relatively low, drug activity and overdoses are a big concern.
There were more than 20 overdoses in the precinct last year. A month into 2018, there have been three -- none of which were fatal.
O'Neill also spent time answering questions from residents at the meeting.
- A person familiar with the case confirmed to the Associated Press that Bryant's 13-year-old daughter Gianna also was killed.
- Soundview homeowners are frustrated with drivers blocking their driveways and they say the city is turning a blind eye.
- Police are searching for a man wanted for stealing thousands of dollars worth of tools in Morrisania.
- Four police officers have been hospitalized after their vehicles collided while responding to a shooting in Parkchester early Sunday.
- Hundreds of people filled the streets in Sunset Park to celebrate the Chinese New Year on Sunday.Hundreds of people filled the streets in Sunset Park to celebrate the Chinese New Year on Sunday.
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.