Cold temperatures make for slick conditionsPosted: Updated:
Colder temperatures made for slick surfaces Friday.
Snow briefly fell around 5 a.m., but quickly stopped.
Freezing temperatures arrived with the passing of snow showers early Friday.
The National Weather Service is warning the combination of rain and snow that was left behind could create icy conditions throughout the day, resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Temperatures will remain in the low 30s Friday with a wind chill that makes it feel more like 15 degrees.
Saturday won't be any warmer while snow showers could leave between a coating to an inch come Super Bowl Sunday.
- Police are searching for a man who they say stole a bag full of cash from a car in Hunts Point.Police are searching for a man who they say stole a bag full of cash from a car in Hunts Point.
- A video that went viral across Westchester County and the country caught the attention of a famous rapper.
- Jim Lehrer, co-host and later host of the nightly PBS “NewsHour” that for decades offered a thoughtful take on current events, has died, PBS said Thursday.
- Chinese authorities moved to lock down three cities with a combined population of more than 18 million in an unprecedented effort to contain the deadly new virus that has sickened hundreds of people and spread to other parts of the world.
- Two local schools came together Thursday as students continue to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.