Police: Man fatally shot near Hone Avenue schoolPosted: Updated:
Police say a 45-year-old man was fatally shot inside an SUV early Monday morning on Hone Avenue, just steps away from the St. Clare of Assisi School.
Rosalie Leto, who's lived around the corner from the scene for 65 years, says she initially heard about three gunshots and a pause around 4 a.m., followed by two more pops. Police say the victim was found sitting in the driver's seat of a gray Ford Explorer with multiple gunshot wounds.
A security guard for St. Clare says the shooting had nothing to do with the school that contains 500 pre-K to eighth-grade students. But St. Clare did close its main entrance for the day as a result, directing parents and students to the Rhinelander Avenue door around the corner.
No arrests have been made. Police ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
- Police say two men are wanted in connection to a robbery at a deli on Barnes Avenue Wednesday night.Police say two men are wanted in connection to a robbery at a deli on Barnes Avenue Wednesday night.
- Police say three suspects are wanted in connection to an assault of a man in Wakefield Monday.Police say three suspects are wanted in connection to an assault of a man in Wakefield Monday.
- A Williamsbridge homeowner is accused of killing a man who allegedly tried to break into his home Thursday night.
- Police are on the hunt for a robber they say has targeted women in the Bronx.Police are on the hunt for a robber they say has targeted women in the Bronx.
- The driver accused of hitting and killing a Bronx toddler is out of jail Thursday morning after appearing before a judge Wednesday night.
- While costumed space aliens were a common and sometimes hilarious sight in events that began Thursday, no one has reported seeing actual extraterrestrials or UFOs.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
- Mourners gathered Saturday as an NYPD inspector who was killed in a Bronx crash was laid to rest.Mourners gathered Saturday as an NYPD inspector who was killed in a Bronx crash was laid to rest.
- World Car Free Day encourages motorists to give up their cars for a day.World Car Free Day encourages motorists to give up their cars for a day.
- Attendees arrived in droves, celebrating women, innovators and news makers who are breaking barriers.
- Sprinklers at a Bronx park that are made for summer fun are actually be wasting water by running day and night, according to neighbors in Unionport.
- The Mount Saint Michael Academy Mountaineers played their home opener against Holy Cross Saturday on their new field.