1 seriously injured in Parkchester apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
PARKCHESTER -

Clean-up is underway after an early morning fire in Parkchester.

The fire happened on the 1300 block of Castle Hill Avenue just after 3 a.m. Sunday.

Fire officials tell News 12 the flames sparked on the first floor and more than 100 firefighters were called to the scene to extinguish the flames.

One person was taken to Jacobi Medical Center with injuries that are considered potentially life-threatening.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."