Movie highlighting LGBTQ youth filmed at Bronx churchPosted: Updated:
A movie that puts the spotlight on LGBTQ youth is making waves across the country, and most of it was filmed in the Bronx.
Damon Cardasis, the writer, director and producer of "Saturday Church," was moved by his own experience volunteering at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Westchester Square.
The church opens its doors every Saturday night to at-risk LGBTQ youth.
Cardasis' story is about a boy who is struggling with his gender identity and starts using fantasy to escape his harsh reality, and the fantasies manifest themselves musically.
"Saturday Church" debuted at last year's Tribeca Film Festival and was named a New York Times Critic's Pick in January.
- New York City public schools celebrated dads today with the annual Dads Take Your Child to School Day.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Cokie Roberts, longtime political reporter and analyst at ABC News and NPR, has died at age 75.Cokie Roberts, longtime political reporter and analyst at ABC News and NPR, has died at age 75.
- A dramatic video of a toddler dangling out of a 13th-floor window has spurred an investigation into the family that lives there.
- The head of the FAA will meet with Boeing officials this week to fly a newly configured 737 Max flight simulator.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.