Bronx hospital takes steps to stop flu from spreadingPosted: Updated:
St. Barnabas Hospital has implemented some policies to stop the spread of the flu within their facility.
In January alone, hospital officials say more patients have tested positive for the flu than the entire 2016-2017 flu season.
The hospital says they are making sure staff members and patients are vaccinated.
Visitors are also asked if they have flu symptoms or have been exposed to the flu at the front desk.
Flu season lasts until early May and hospital staff say it is not too late to get vaccinated.
“It's never too late to get a flu shot,” says Edward Telzak, the chairman at St. Barnabas Department of Medicine. “Typically the season runs between 11 and 20 weeks and we're in week 14 now, but there is no evidence that things are slowing down.”
- Police say a man was found dead after officers responded to a call of a foul odor coming from a Fordham apartment Friday.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A unique solid gold toilet that was part of an art exhibit was stolen early Saturday from the magnificent home in England where British wartime leader Winston Churchill was born.
- Drivers say the commute on West Kingsbridge Road has been difficult because of street work that doesn't ever seem to be finished.
- The White House announced Saturday that Hamza bin Laden was killed in a U.S. counterterrorism operation in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
- Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.
- Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
Are you or your kids heading back to school? News 12 wants to see your photos! Use the #BXBacktoSchool or #BKBacktoSchool on Instagram or Twitter and we may use your photos on News12.com or on air!
- Hurricane Dorian howled over North Carolina's Outer Banks on Friday - a much weaker version of the brute that wreaked havoc in the Bahamas.