Religious sites take part in open-house eventPosted: Updated:
More than 150 religious institutions across the state opened their doors for tours Sunday for the the eighth annual Sacred Sites Open House.
Tours of the historic buildings were made possible by the New York Landmark Conservancy. This year's theme was sacred sounds and settings.
One of the landmarks participating was the Christ Church in Riverdale.
The church was deemed one of the state's most impressive sanctuaries.
The goal is to allow New Yorkers to see the artistic treasures of different faiths and different time periods.
- A double stabbing in Bushwick Saturday night left a 71-year-old woman dead and another elderly man injured, police say.
- A federal landmark building in the Bronx is also becoming the location of the first rooftop restaurant in the borough.
- Residents of Pelham Parkway are calling for a safer Boston Road.Residents of Pelham Parkway are calling for a safer Boston Road.
- For millennials looking to buy their first home, the hunt feels like a race against the clock.For millennials looking to buy their first home, the hunt feels like a race against the clock.
- Grocery chain Aldi is recalling bags of all-purpose flour due to possible E. coli contamination that has sickened people in multiple states.
- The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.