1 Bronx Pride Festival held in MelrosePosted: Updated:
Hundreds came out to the 1 Bronx Pride Festival Sunday along Third Avenue to celebrate LGBTQ pride.
The festival was organized by the Third Avenue Business Improvement District and its partners as the U.S. celebrates Pride Month in June.
Merchants and sponsors set up shop to celebrate and provide goods and resources to the community.
This festival is the second annual Bronx Pride event, and organizers say it's growing.
Residents say this year's event seeks to promote unity, love and support for all.
Many feel that the event is not only special for members of the LGBTQ community, but for their family members and friends too.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio announced another step Friday in the expansion of speed cameras at city schools.
- Foster care advocates outside Borough Hall Friday fought to make sure kids in the system get a fair shot in life.
- Science students got to play the role of teacher this week by giving their own lessons at their annual science museum.
- A newly renovated step street in Kingsbridge Heights reopened Friday after nearly a decade of calls for safety improvements.
- Rapper Remy Ma returned to court Friday to face charges for allegedly attacking a former co-star on the show "Love and Hip Hop New York."
- The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.The live-action Aladdin film flew into theaters Friday.
- Fleet Week New York started May 22. This year marks the 31st annual event that features a week filled of activities, themed events and live demonstrations.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.