Video: Funeral for teen killed outside Bronx bodegaPosted: Updated:
The funeral for Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, the teen killed outside a Bronx bodega, has ended. It was held held at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Belmont.
- Leandra Feliz, Junior’s mother, read her impact statement in Spanish. “Here I am, a mother without my son, Lesandro Junior Guzman Feliz,” she began. “An innocent, 15-year-old boy, who was not a gang member."
- One by one, the five men convicted in the murder of Belmont teenager Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz began hearing their sentences Friday morning.
- News 12 spoke with the United Bodegas of America Friday to get their reaction to a Bronx bodega owner who successfully hid a teen who was stabbed inside his store.
- A special ceremony was held in the Bronx Monday to honor Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz, the teen who was slain in a gang-related killing at a bodega last summer, while also helping other young people in the community get ready to go back to school.
- The mother of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz got a heart-warming surprise at the Bronx Zoo that left her feeling like she will never be alone.