#N12BX: New MTA appPosted: Updated:
The MTA on Monday announced the launch of its new website and mobile app.
Rebranding its website and app as MYmta, the transit authority unveiled their new platform at MTA headquarters in Manhattan.
The new, official, all-in-one travel app and website were designed to help improve and unify navigation of the region's public transportation offerings, officials say.
According to the MTA, the app offers:
-Real-time arrival information for trains, subways and buses.
-Service status, including information on planned work and updates on the causes of delays.
-The ability to find nearby stations and stops with the click of a button.
-A unified trip planning function for travel across the MTA's regional transportation network including trains, subways and buses.
-The ability for customers with mobility disabilities to plan accessible trips across trains, subways and buses.
-The ability to personalize the app by saving favorite lines, stations, stops and trips.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority Chairman Joseph J. Lhota says the MTA conducted more than 2,000 one-on-one customer interviews, surveys, and "guerilla" intercepts, where riders were approached in the system, shown the app and their feedback was documented.
The MYmta app will be available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?