#N12 BX: Strawless drinksPosted: Updated:
Starbucks is going strawless.
The coffee company announced that it will phase out all plastic straws by 2020.
Instead, lids will feature a raised lip similar to an adult sippy-cup. Frappuccinos will come with straws made from paper or compostable plastic.
According to the Ocean Conservatory, 8 million metric tons of plastic enter the ocean every year.
Starbucks' hometown of Seattle was the first city in the U.S. to ban the use of plastic straws on July 1.
Last week, McDonald's said it began testing plastic straw alternatives across its U.S. stores.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?