Supportive housing for troubled vets, young adults opens on Walton Ave.Posted: Updated:
A new supportive housing project for formerly homeless veterans and young adults has officially opened in the Bronx.
The $35.6 million Walton House Home in Fordham Heights contains 89 furnished studio apartments. Fifty-six of them are for veterans and the rest are for people between 18 and 25 years old.
Rents are limited to 30 percent of a given tenant's income.
The project also includes case workers, career counselors and mental health services on site.
- Thousands of nurses are answering the call from state and city officials and are traveling to New York City to combat the coronavirus.
- Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.
- Linda Tripp, whose secretly recorded conversations with White House intern Monica Lewinsky led to the 1998 impeachment of President Bill Clinton, has died at age 70.
- RiseBoro Community Partnership is helping seniors stay indoors during the coronavirus pandemic by delivering meals to those in need during the crisis.
- The West Tremont Avenue step street is open to the public after two years of extensive restoration.The West Tremont Avenue step street is open to the public after two years of extensive restoration.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!