12th suspect extradited to NY in teen’s stabbing death

Posted: Updated:
THE BRONX -

The 12th and presumably final suspect in the brutal gang-related slaying of a 15-year-old outside a Belmont bodega has been extradited to New York and charged with murder.

Connecticut police arrested 25-year-old Luis Cabrera Santos there last week. Like the other suspects, he also faces charges of manslaughter, gang assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

Through a translator, he denied responsibility for the attack and said he doesn't even know the other suspects.

But the NYPD says the group of alleged Trinitarios gang members hacked, slashed and stabbed Lesandro Guzman-Feliz to death in a brutal attack recorded on nearby surveillance cameras. 

Cabrera Santos is accused of driving one of the getaway cars –which Connecticut state troopers found him operating with help from a license plate reader.

Police say they are no longer actively seeking additional suspects. All 12 are due in court Wednesday morning.

Police also blame the Trinitarios gang for the separate stabbing of a 14-year-old on the Bronx River Parkway.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."