Protesters call for doctor's dismissal after racist commentsPosted: Updated:
Protesters on Monday called for the dismissal of a Montefiore Medical Center doctor accused of posting racist comments online.
A recent article published in Medium says Dr. Dov Bechhofer has possible affiliations with neo-Nazi websites. It also claims the doctor argued for the deportation of people of color to create a whiter nation.
Bechhofer has since come forward saying he did make the comments and that his words were hurtful and unjustifiable.
Protesters say they also want the doctor's medical license to be revoked.
A hospital spokesperson says Bechhofer was taken off duty pending the outcome of an investigation. Montefiore says it will continue to investigate the claims before taking action.
- The airline says they will be suspending flights to LaGuardia, Westchester, and Stewart International airports from April 15 until June 10.The airline says it will be suspending flights to LaGuardia, Westchester and Stewart International airports from April 15 until June 10.
- New data released shows how coronavirus is hitting certain communities, especially impacting Hispanic and African-American neighborhoods in alarming numbers.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to layoffs and furloughs throughout the tri-state area. Due to overwhelming demand, it can be tough to find out how to file your unemployment insurance claims. Here are some resources to help.
- A restaurant in New Brunswick specializing in wings, pizza, and beer has a special gift for customers involving Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- Christie Brinkley is giving back with her Bellissima Prosecco sales.Christie Brinkley is giving back with her Bellissima Prosecco sales.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!