PAL hosts Cultural Day for campersPosted: Updated:
The Police Athletic League held one of its signature camp events at Bill Rainey Park today.
About 500 children attended Cultural Day, which brings third- and fourth-graders from 20 different summer camps throughout the five boroughs together to work on a different theme every year.
This year's theme is Broadway Musical, with groups of students assigned to one musical.
For weeks, the campers work together and with counselors to create interactive exhibits, performances and artwork as part of the contest and celebration.
Judges were scoring each group and winners are announced at the end of the event.
- The airline says they will be suspending flights to LaGuardia, Westchester, and Stewart International airports from April 15 until June 10.The airline says it will be suspending flights to LaGuardia, Westchester and Stewart International airports from April 15 until June 10.
- New data released shows how coronavirus is hitting certain communities, especially impacting Hispanic and African-American neighborhoods in alarming numbers.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to layoffs and furloughs throughout the tri-state area. Due to overwhelming demand, it can be tough to find out how to file your unemployment insurance claims. Here are some resources to help.
- A restaurant in New Brunswick specializing in wings, pizza, and beer has a special gift for customers involving Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- Christie Brinkley is giving back with her Bellissima Prosecco sales.Christie Brinkley is giving back with her Bellissima Prosecco sales.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.