Throgs Neck Little League hosts Dominican team for game under lightsPosted: Updated:
A youth baseball team from the Dominican Republic played in Throgs Neck Tuesday night.
The players are around 10 years old. They took the field under the lights against members of the Throgs Neck Little League.
The game is part of a two-week visit to the borough.
The Little League donated dozens of pieces of equipment to the Dominican team.
And the players exchanged pins bearing one another's country flags in a pregame ceremony.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping, rock-tinged singles such as “Home” and “Pickup Man” has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.