Delayed Plaza project sparks rally in the South BronxPosted: Updated:
Community leaders and elected officials say the project at Roberto Clemente Plaza in the Hub has been fenced and forgotten about.
Michael Brady, of the Third Avenue BID, says officials promised it would be completed by May 31, then July 31, but those days “came and went.”
The project has been in development for 10 years, and prompted a rally Tuesday afternoon.
"We've had multiple meetings with the Department of Design and Construction and all we've gotten were excuses after excuses after excuses," says Councilman Rafael Salamanca Jr.
The councilman says the DDC has said the delay is due to issues with the contractor, the fountain in the plaza not functioning properly and other parts that need to be fixed.
News 12 reached out to the DDC about the project delay, but did not hear back.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping, rock-tinged singles such as “Home” and “Pickup Man” has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.