#N12BX: Newcomers beat establishment Dems in NY primaryPosted: Updated:
A lot of newcomers beat out established Democrats during the New York primary.
Sen. Jeffery Klein of the 34th District in the Bronx was beat by Alessabdra Biaggi, a lawyer and former Gov. Andrew Cuomo aide.
Klein spent more than $2 million on his campaign.
Biaggi says her campaign represented people over money.
In Brooklyn, Zellnor Myrie beat incumbent Sen. Jesse Hamilton.
Myrie, an attorney, attacked Hamilton for his connection to the Independent Democratic Conference.
However, gubernatorial hopeful Cynthia Nixon, a self-described democratic socialist and former “Sex and the City” TV star, lost to Gov. Cuomo.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?