Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Police warn against string of Claremont car break-insPosted: Updated:
Several residents in Claremont woke up this week to find their cars broken into and belongings stolen, News 12 is told.
The 44th Precinct announced that three car break-ins were reported this week alone – an issue that some community activists say has persisted for years between Findlay and Teller avenues.
Community activist Sydney Flores, who also lives in the area, tells News 12 that he was getting ready to leave for work last summer when he noticed his car’s window was shattered, along with a $500 piece of equipment stolen.
He says that the problem also stretches out to the Bronx Lebanon Hospital area.
Community members are asking for an increase in patrols with the hope of deterring the break-ins.
- Police say two people were tied up at their Bedford Park home this weekend during a violent home invasion.
- A family and a community is in mourning after a woman was found dead inside her apartment Sunday morning.
- A Bronx man is facing felony charges for allegedly assaulting two police officers outside of a Bronx storage facility.
- Authorities say a suspect has been arrested for vandalizing multiple ambulances in the Bronx.Authorities say a suspect has been arrested for vandalizing multiple ambulances in the Bronx.
- Police say a store employee took matters into his own hands to stop an attempted robbery in Fordham early Sunday morning.
- A firefighter put his life on the line Tuesday night after a fire broke out at the Mill Brook Houses in the Bronx.
- An off-duty NYPD officer took their own life in Queens Tuesday night, police say.An off-duty NYPD officer took their own life in Queens Tuesday night, police say.
- A gritty Cole held the New York Yankees scoreless without his sharpest stuff, Jose Altuve sparked Houston at the plate and the Astros locked down a 4-1 victory Tuesday to take a 2-1 lead in the AL Championship Series.
- On a beautiful fall day in Van Cortlandt Park, such perfect scenery doesn't happen by accident.On a beautiful fall day in Van Cortlandt Park, such perfect scenery doesn't happen by accident.
- The Macombs Dam Bridge, which spans the Harlem River and connects Manhattan and the Bronx, is posing a potential danger to drivers.