Excessive Heat WARNING in effect for:
Police warn against string of Claremont car break-insPosted: Updated:
Several residents in Claremont woke up this week to find their cars broken into and belongings stolen, News 12 is told.
The 44th Precinct announced that three car break-ins were reported this week alone – an issue that some community activists say has persisted for years between Findlay and Teller avenues.
Community activist Sydney Flores, who also lives in the area, tells News 12 that he was getting ready to leave for work last summer when he noticed his car’s window was shattered, along with a $500 piece of equipment stolen.
He says that the problem also stretches out to the Bronx Lebanon Hospital area.
Community members are asking for an increase in patrols with the hope of deterring the break-ins.
- Authorities are searching for a group of men wanted for assaulting a father and his son on the Fourth of July.
- A 16-year-old has been arrested after a Brooklyn taxi driver was killed by his own vehicle while trying to catch a thief in the Bronx.
- Police have released a chilling video capturing the moment a gunman shot and killed another man in front of an apartment building in Fordham.
- Police say they're searching for a suspect who assaulted a 55-year-old man while riding a city bus in the Bronx on July 2.
- Police arrived at the apartment Friday evening after responding to a call of a foul odor.Police arrived at the apartment Friday evening after responding to a call of a foul odor.
- The extreme heat is here and is expected to stay through the weekend with temperatures increasing to dangerous levels.
- Isle of Skye is an economic Scottish-themed tile-laying game.Isle of Skye is an economic Scottish-themed tile-laying game.
- Hoy las temperaturas se sentirán por encima de los 100 grados Fahrenheit, así que a tomar mucha agua.
- Southwest Airlines has taken the Boeing 737 Max out of its schedule through November.Southwest Airlines has taken the Boeing 737 Max out of its schedule through November.
- Lots of people have a tough time falling asleep. Some use noise making machines to help them catch some "Zs."