Montefiore staff wears red to spotlight heart health for womenPosted: Updated:
The staff at Montefiore Health System was decked out in red T-shirts Friday for Go Red for Women’s annual Wear Red Day.
Wear Red Day is meant to bring awareness to heart disease – the leading cause of death in women for years.
Doctors told News 12 that it takes two hours for a heart blockage to turn fatal, and that’s why it’s important at the first signs of a stroke or heart attack to call 911 and not try to drive yourself to the hospital.
- A scary scene unfolded Monday night as a high school basketball game was interrupted by gunshots.A scary scene unfolded Monday night as a high school basketball game was interrupted by gunshots.
- The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.
- Relief efforts are continuing in Puerto Rico after the island experienced several earthquakes in recent weeks.
- Tesla says that claims that its cars could suddenly accelerate on their own are 'completely false' and peddled by short sellers.
- The 71-year-old Grammy winner and former vocalist for Black Sabbath said during an interview on “Good Morning America” that the diagnosis came after a fall last year.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding.News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding.