#N12BX: New language programsPosted: Updated:
Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza announced Monday that the city will be getting 47 new pre-K dual language programs.
The city will be introducing French, Haitian-Creole, Hebrew and Japanese pre-K programs.
The classes will be made up of students who speak the target language at home as well as English-proficient students.
Do you think the city is doing a good job of honoring the diversity of the student population?
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?