Excessive Heat WARNING in effect for:
Per Scholas opens doors to careers in information technologyPosted: Updated:
Per Scholas, based in the South Bronx, is providing free training courses to young adults who want to pursue careers in the field of information technology.
The organization will able to increase its efforts in the borough through a partnership with Liberty Coca-Cola. A graduate of Per Scholas was recently awarded a $30,000 grant by the beverage company to develop training programs to jumpstart careers in IT.
Prince Riggins, 22, says he’s looking forward to his upcoming class in pursuit of his dream to become a network administrator.
“I have always loved technology. I have made it a priority to pursue a career in technology,” he told News 12.
- Temperatures are expected to reach dangerous highs over the next few days, which means taking extra precautions to keep pets cool.
- An excessive heat warning is in effect from 12 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday.An excessive heat warning is in effect from 12 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday.
- After the surfacing of controversial messages between Puerto Rico's governor and his council, many are calling for the official to resign.
- Noise complaints top the list of quality-of-life concerns in the Bronx, according to city agency 311.
- Heavy rain Wednesday caused some living in the Bronx to wake up without power today.Heavy rain Wednesday caused some living in the Bronx to wake up without power today.
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
- Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.Here is the 2019 lineup for SummerStage in Central Park.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Are you heading to the USA women's soccer team's World Cup victory parade in New York City today? We want to see your photos!