#N12BX: Child Victims ActPosted: Updated:
NEW YORK -
Victims of child sex abuse in New York received some long-awaited news this week.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the Child Victims Act. It will extend the statute of limitations for when victims can press charges against or sue their abusers.
Now, they have until they turn 55 years old. If a victim is already over 21 or 23 years old, they have a one-year window to report it.
Cuomo says this legislation will ensure those who abuse children are held accountable.
"Today says justice is done, today says nobody is above the law," says Cuomo.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?