Neighbors voice concerns about dangers on Tremont AvenuePosted: Updated:
The Throggs Neck Merchants Association is taking action after a man was nearly killed in a hit-and-run on Tremont Avenue.
Police are still searching for the driver who struck Jared D'Amico on Feb. 11, but spent Wednesday night discussing concerns alongside neighbors and the Department of Transportation at Villa Barone Manor.
Organizers of the meeting discussed Maria Frasca, an elderly woman who was fatally struck at Tremont and Miles avenues in December. A Throggs Neck resident also spoke up about an accident she was involved in at Lafayette and Tremont avenues because of what she says is a poorly positioned traffic light.
The DOT says although a state law limits the city to 140 speed cameras near schools, it is working to expand that legislation to allow more cameras on Tremont Avenue. They also say they will be installing additional lighting on the street by the end of the year.
- A scary scene unfolded Monday night as a high school basketball game was interrupted by gunshots.A scary scene unfolded Monday night as a high school basketball game was interrupted by gunshots.
- The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.The U.S. has its first case of a new virus that was found only last month in China.
- New York Yankees great Derek Jeter headlines this year's Baseball Hall of Fame class, slated for induction July 26.
- Relief efforts are continuing in Puerto Rico after the island experienced several earthquakes in recent weeks.
- Tesla says that claims that its cars could suddenly accelerate on their own are 'completely false' and peddled by short sellers.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding.News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding.