Einstein College of Medicine hosts rare disease art exhibitPosted: Updated:
One Bronx medical school is shedding light on rare diseases across the nation with an art exhibition of portraits.
The Einstein College of Medicine is displaying portraits of children battling one of the estimated 7,000 rare diagnoses as part of the traveling “Beyond the Diagnosis” exhibit, that now hangs throughout the halls of the college.
Professor of neuroscience Dr. Steve Walkley says the goal of the exhibit is to raise awareness of the various rare diseases, the importance of the diseases and to stimulate research.
The exhibit is made possible by the Rare Disease United Foundation and runs through March 15.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- For just $15, the Wildlife Conservation Society allows you to name a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach after your sweetheart for Valentine's Day.
- Jessica Simpson says she’s been sober since 2017 after revealing struggle with alcohol, pills
- Puzzles put your minds to work!Puzzles put your minds to work!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.