Marvelous: Club raises enough funds to take entire school to moviePosted: Updated:
A club at an all-girls Catholic school in Fordham Manor has raised enough funds to take the entire school to see “Captain Marvel.”
The marketing club at the Academy of Mount Saint Ursula set up a GoFundMe page, and reached out to alumni and school supporters, as well as held meetings in school, to help spread the word.
The club, which is only a year old, exceeded its goal and raised almost $11,000. It even got a surprise $2,000 donation from actress Eva Longoria.
The entire school and staff of the Academy of Mount Saint Ursula will go to Yonkers on March 27 to see “Captain Marvel.” Tickets, transportation and lunch are all paid for.
- Fire officials say a man has died and a woman was injured after a fire broke out in a Co-op City high-rise.
- Volunteers created an Amazon wish list for people to send food and supplies directly to Chabad of Puerto Rico.
- Many organizations and mental health activists gathered in Marble Hill on Martin Luther King Day to demand an option for non-police response to 911 calls for mental help.
- Fordham Prep has a tough weekly schedule that includes nine practices and two lifts, but it has equated to a program in its second decade as one of the most dominant in the CHSAA, and even the state.
- The popular Vans clothing and sneaker company now has its own free, indoor skate park in Bushwick.The popular Vans clothing and sneaker company now has its own free, indoor skate park in Bushwick.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.