#N12BX: Fare beatersPosted: Updated:
Fare beaters are getting braver.
There's been a boost in people not paying the city bus fare and getting a free ride.
A report by the MTA shows an increase of 5.9 percent.
Comparing data from local and select bus service route from October through December of 2017 to 2018.
MTA President Andrew Byford is calling on the NYPD to assist with the growing issue.
Subway turnstile jumpers seem to be keeping a low profile, with the MTA seeing only a 0.9 percent increase from 2017 to 2018.
Fare evasion overall costs the MTA more than $200 million in 2018.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?