#N12BX: Equal Pay DayPosted: Updated:
It’s Equal Pay Day today.
The day represents how far an American woman must work into the year to make what the average man made in the previous year.
That means it will take women until April 2 of this year to make what men made in 2018.
U.S. women who work full time are paid 80 cents for every dollar their male counterparts make, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
The statistics are even worse for black and Latina women.
A report by the City Comptroller’s Office found black and Latina women earn 57 cents for every dollar that a white, non-Hispanic man makes.
That means equal pay day for those women is still months away.
In 2017, the American Association of University Women found that New York men earned $55,636 annually, while women earned $48,901.
What do you think we can do to close the gap?
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?