#N12BX: Congestion falloutPosted: Updated:
Congestion pricing – how much will it cost?
Turns out we won’t find out until 2020 after the election.
According to the New York Post, the provision was included toward the end of the state’s budget bill.
The date spares politicians from angry motorists seeking revenge for the tolls at the polls.
Turns out the majority of New Yorkers are against congestion pricing, according to a recent poll.
A Quinnipiac University survey found 54% of over 1,000 voters in the five boroughs are against charging motorists a fee to drive below 61st Street.
The Bronx led the charge with 64% of Bronx residents against the plan.
Most say the plan wouldn’t do much to reduce traffic.
When implanted, New York City will be the first city in the country to charge cars for entering its central business district.
What is your opinion on congestion pricing?
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?