Grant aims to help revitalize small businesses in NorwoodPosted: Updated:
The Mosholu Preservation Corporation is taking action to help revitalize small businesses in Norwood.
Sources told News 12 that there’s a 12% vacancy rate concentrated to Bainbridge Avenue and East 204th Street.
Hoping to help, a $2,000 grant was gifted to the organization by the city.
Jennifer Tausig, of the Mosholu Preservation Corporation, said a large portion of the grant was set aside to create programming in direct response to the needs of the community.
The organization is looking to establish programs that would help companies better market themselves and negotiate their commercial leases.
- Police have released an image of the suspect involved in shooting a store owner in Allerton last week.
- The tech giant is in talks with Richard Plepler, who worked at HBO for nearly three decades, including as its CEO.
- Cardinal Hayes will play Stepinac in the Catholic League final Saturday.Cardinal Hayes will play Stepinac in the Catholic League final Saturday.
- Tesla will build its fourth 'Gigafactory' in Berlin.Tesla will build its fourth 'Gigafactory' in Berlin.
- Hoy se esperan temperaturas entre los 25 y los 33 grados Fahrenheit, pero se va a sentir mucho más frio.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury