Dozens evacuated after high levels of CO found in Grand Concourse building

Posted: Updated:
MOUNT HOPE -

People living in a building on the Grand Concourse got an early morning wakeup call they didn't expect or want – a carbon monoxide evacuation.

Firefighters evacuated 1750 Grand Concourse around 2:30 a.m. for high carbon monoxide levels.

Con Edison was on scene and working to resolve the issue. Authorities told News 12 no one suffered any injuries.  

Tenants say their landlord has failed to provide them with carbon monoxide detectors. 

The Red Cross was called, and a bus was requested to provide shelter for those displaced.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."