Mother of boy struck & killed by MTA bus in 2018: 'It's like a nightmare that wouldn't end'Posted: Updated:
Sunday marked the anniversary of the death of a 7-year-old Brooklyn boy who was struck and killed by a city bus in the Bronx in 2018.
Shavone Bethea Jr. was hit and killed by an MTA bus while visiting his father in the Bronx.
His mother, Nickiya Willington says the wound is still fresh, and she can't get the closure she longs for.
"It's like a nightmare that wouldn't end," she says.
Willington says his case is still open and pending, and that she only received the autopsy report last week - nearly a year since his death.
"If he didn't go under the bus and the bus did not roll over him, why does he still have all that trauma to his body? It's not making sense," she says.
On Sunday, Shavone's family and friends came together to remember the boy who would have turned 8 years old back in March.
News 12 reached out to the MTA for comment, but has not heard back.