Hunts Point deli lauded for offering healthier optionsPosted: Updated:
A deli in Hunts Point has been awarded a citation for its efforts to provide healthy food to the community.
848 Hunts Point Avenue Deli worked with Urban Health Plan to design the layout of the store to highlight healthier options. Fruits like apples and bananas are right in reach, and healthy nuts are in view, too.
The deli is in an area that’s considered a food desert because of a lack of healthy options.
The citation was awarded by Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. The store owner's son, Muhammad, accepted the award on behalf of his father.
Urban Health Plan aims to continue working with bodegas and delis in the Bronx to offer healthier choices.
- The tech giant is in talks with Richard Plepler, who worked at HBO for nearly three decades, including as its CEO.
- Cardinal Hayes will play Stepinac in the Catholic League final Saturday.Cardinal Hayes will play Stepinac in the Catholic League final Saturday.
- Tesla will build its fourth 'Gigafactory' in Berlin.Tesla will build its fourth 'Gigafactory' in Berlin.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury