Heat ADVISORY in effect for:
JetBlue to stock vending machines with booksPosted: Updated:
Some vending machines will be offering more than just candy in the borough, thanks to JetBlue Airlines.
JetBlue is stocking vending machines with free books for children to read.
The goal is to distribute books to children with limited access to reading material so that they can build their own home libraries over the course of the summer, says Tina Klaric of JetBlue.
The airline says it will restock the vending machines with new books every two weeks.
- Friends and family said goodbye to NYPD officer Robert Echeverria Tuesday, the ninth officer to take their own life in 2019. Now, the department is trying to put an end to the mental health crisis.
- Volunteers who run community gardens throughout the Bronx fear the green space they take pride in may become non-existent if an agreement is not reached with the NYC Parks Department.
- After five intense years, Commissioner James O'Neill has fired officer Daniel Pantaleo, but now his attorneys are fighting back.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.