Norwood tenants says rat problem in building is out of controlPosted: Updated:
Tenants in a Norwood building tell News 12 they have an out-of-control rat problem.
Joe Franco, who has lived in the building for 41 years, snapped pictures of the rodents at 241 East 207th St.
He says an inspector gave the building a violation last week after a rat ran by his foot, which the inspector mistook for a cat.
The Department of Housing Preservation and Development told News 12 that there are 99 current open violations on the property.
Management company Oval Realty responded saying in part, "As property owners/managers, we do our best to control the rodents in or around our property. Pest control services are performed biweekly in response to the recent overrun of rodents in the general area. These services include rat, roach, and mice removal."
They went on to say, "Mr. Franco has refused services from our pest control services on many occasions."
- Immigration advocates are warning that an expansion of the public charge rule could put millions of undocumented immigrants at risk.
- Morris Park residents flocked to Loreto Playground Sunday for an end-of-summer celebration.Morris Park residents flocked to Loreto Playground Sunday for an end-of-summer celebration.
- The Rams will open their season next week against Central Connecticut.The Rams will open their season next week against Central Connecticut.
- Police say they've arrested a Bronx man in connection to a forcible touching incident of a 14-year-old girl in Manhattan.
- New York and New Jersey submitted a new plan for a rail tunnel project under the Hudson River that cuts nearly $1.5 billion off the previous cost estimate.
- Photos from the 44th Hampton Classic in Bridgehampton.Photos from the 44th Hampton Classic in Bridgehampton.
- First serve! Check out some of the food options at the 2019 US Open at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- The premiere for the sixth season of Starz's show "Power" was held Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary