Officials: 7-alarm fire on McClellan Street was accidental

Posted: Updated:

Investigators say Monday's seven-alarm fire in Concourse Village was sparked by an accidental electrical issue.

Officials say the fire started at the grocery store on McClellan Street Monday morning.

Five firefighters and a baby were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The child is expected to be OK.

A nearby school is being used as a refuge for tenants of the building as some are still not able to return to their home.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."