Goya donates 10,000 pounds of food for Dominican Day paradePosted: Updated:
Goya donated 10,000 pounds of food to the Dominican community to celebrate the Dominican Day parade this Sunday.
Volunteers from Catholic Charities unloaded a truck full of Goya canned foods and fresh fruits. Members of the community have also contributed, with all the food amounting to over 16,000 meals.
Goya donates around 300,000 pounds of food annually to Catholic Charities.
The food company said it saw “no better time” for the donation then now with the parade scheduled for this weekend.
- Neighbors say drivers in Bedford Park who are doing whatever they can to find parking spaces are creating safety risks for pedestrians in the area.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Police have identified the woman whose body was found wrapped in a blanket Friday night in the Bronx, and they say two people are facing charges in connection to the case.
- Cuomo is ordering state agencies to investigate a government-funded residential building in Williamsbirdge amid allegations of a bedbug infestation and drug-related crime.
- There was a sea of pink at Orchard Beach Sunday as thousands of people laced up their shoes for the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed support for who she thinks should be the next president of the United States as she attended a Bernie Sanders rally in Queens Saturday.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 The Bronx wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedBX.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.