Montefiore program aims to enhance relationshipsPosted: Updated:
A free program in the Bronx is working to empower couples to enhance their communication and strengthen their family dynamic.
The program is part of Montefiore's "Supporting Healthy Relationship" program, where couples can meet with other couples and spend time with their significant others to work on their own relationships.
For 13 years, the program has helped guide Bronx couples as they work to strengthen their bond.
The idea of sharing personal details in your relationship may be scary at first, but program officials say couples end up really learning from one another.
The program consists of couples meeting for an hour a week for 12 weeks. A free dinner and MetroCard is given to them for the commute.
They say they would like to provide a safe community for couples to get away from the stresses of life.
In order to be eligible for the program, couples must be in a committed relationship or married, have a child under the age of 18 or be expecting to have a child.
- Hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers can now use public transit at a discounted rate.Hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers can now use public transit at a discounted rate.
- Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. is dropping out of the mayoral race and announced his retirement from public office altogether.
- A Bronx man who's been waiting nearly two months for a replacement oven from NYCHA learned of an update after News 12 looked into the issue.
- New Sanctuary Coalition, a Bronx-based nonprofit, trained volunteers Monday to help individuals facing deportation.
- China on Tuesday reported 25 more deaths from a new viral disease, raising the total to at least 106, as the U.S. government prepared to fly Americans out of the city at the center of the outbreak.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.