Neighbors in Throgs Neck: Vacant lot eye sore needs to goPosted: Updated:
Neighbors in Throgs Neck are fed up with an overgrown vacant lot that is an eye sore in the community.
The lot is located on the corner of Quincy and Miles avenues.
Wilfredo Cruz says he has to cut the weeds to keep them from going in his yard.
"It’s getting to the point where everyone is getting tired so as a community and neighborhood we got to take action," he told News 12.
The lot has triggered complaints about bugs, animals, trash and even neighbors getting sick.
Councilman Mark Gjonaj told News 12: "Protecting our community's quality of life is a priority. My team has reached out to the Department of Health to work with them to resolve this issue.”
- Police say a man was found dead after officers responded to a call of a foul odor coming from a Fordham apartment Friday.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A unique solid gold toilet that was part of an art exhibit was stolen early Saturday from the magnificent home in England where British wartime leader Winston Churchill was born.
- Drivers say the commute on West Kingsbridge Road has been difficult because of street work that doesn't ever seem to be finished.
- The White House announced Saturday that Hamza bin Laden was killed in a U.S. counterterrorism operation in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
- Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.
- Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
Are you or your kids heading back to school? News 12 wants to see your photos! Use the #BXBacktoSchool or #BKBacktoSchool on Instagram or Twitter and we may use your photos on News12.com or on air!
- Hurricane Dorian howled over North Carolina's Outer Banks on Friday - a much weaker version of the brute that wreaked havoc in the Bahamas.