Step in if you dare to tour the haunted cells at the 49th PrecinctPosted: Updated:
It's time for Halloween and over at the 49th Precinct things are getting spooky.
Officers teamed up with the members of their Explorer Youth Program to put on the haunting experience. This is the first time the precinct has put on the event.
"We did it all. Every other Saturday we'd come back for a couple weeks and set it up," said youth explorer Jayden Sanchez.
Kids of all ages stepped into the haunted cells Wednesday, and some even ran out.
"We're putting this event together to create a safe environment where children can celebrate Halloween," said commanding officer Andrew Natiw.
The haunted cells at the 49th Precinct will be open on Halloween from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.
- Taco Bell will be handing out free tacos Tuesday as a way to thank people for showing up for their communities amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.