Bartow to Bartow walk offers historical tour of Co-op CityPosted: Updated:
A walking tour in Co-op City Sunday offered a glimpse back in history.
Amelia Zaino, a Co-op City native, has led the Bartow to Bartow walk for the last three years, attracting loyal participants.
The group learns about history while walking 3 miles. The walk is from the base of the Hutchinson River Parkway Bridge to the historic Bartow-Pell Mansion, where Zaino is also a guide.
The fourth annual walk is also put on with the Friends of Pelham Bay, and ends with a free tour of the historic mansion before they walk back.
Zaino says she hopes more participants spread the word about the walk, encouraging others to join in for years to come.
- Palliative medical care is now limited as providers are deployed to other areas due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- More than 11,700 members of Local 101 Transport Workers Union are out addressing natural gas needs during the pandemic.
- A Greenpoint man might have won the best dad award during the coronavirus quarantine after he made one of his son’s favorite toys fly over Brooklyn.
- The Brooklyn Public Library is offering free virtual yoga classes for toddlers to stay active while they’re home from day care and other programs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Orchard Beach in the Bronx is now adjusting the hours for its parking lot in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!