Police: Man killed when car smashes into tractor-trailer on Cross Bronx ExpresswayPosted: Updated:
Police say a tractor-trailer accident on the Cross Bronx Expressway early Saturday morning has left one person dead.
They say officers were called after a Toyota smashed into the back of a tractor-trailer just after 1 a.m.
Officials say the driver of the Toyota, 31-year-old Jose Rivera-Baez, was trying to switch lanes when he crashed into the other vehicle. They say the crash caused the airbags to deploy in the Toyota.
Police say the tractor-trailer was sitting on the expressway near Exit 2 with its flashers on.
EMS transported the Rivera-Baez to NYC Health + Hospitals Lincoln, where he was pronounced dead.
The 35-year-old driver of the tractor-trailer was in the vehicle when the accident happened, but was not injured.
- The man charged with the murder of his estranged wife remains in a Bronx hospital after an apparent suicide attempt Tuesday.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- For just $15, the Wildlife Conservation Society allows you to name a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach after your sweetheart for Valentine's Day.
- Jessica Simpson says she’s been sober since 2017 after revealing struggle with alcohol, pills
- Puzzles put your minds to work!Puzzles put your minds to work!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.