Massive fire breaks out in MorrisianaPosted: Updated:
A massive fire in a residential building on Rogers Place left tenants on the street Monday night.
Fire officials say they received the call at around 8:30 p.m. Tenant Antonio Jimenez, who lives on the second floor in the building next door, says the fire spread to his building.
He told News 12 he was laying down when he smelled the fire.
"And then next thing you know I'm getting a knock on the door, that's our roommate telling us there's smoke," said Jimenez.
Jimenez says there was panic because they're worried about their belongings, but that they are grateful they're alive.
Officials say there was one minor injury to a firefighter.
- Police are searching for a trio behind a series of robberies in Williamsbridge.Police are searching for a trio behind a series of robberies in Williamsbridge.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
A Centers for Disease study shows the fertility rate for the United States fell to another all-time low in 2018.
Univision 41 News Brief: Presidente del condado del Bronx Rubén Díaz Jr., dejará la política cuando termine su período en el 2021Presidente del condado del Bronx Rubén Díaz Jr., dejará la política cuando termine su período en el 2021.
- LH Transformations in Throgs Neck has come in at number 2 in News 12's Fitness Face-off Challenge.LH Transformations in Throgs Neck has come in at number 2 in News 12's Fitness Face-off Challenge.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.